CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police have arrested two suspects, one a convicted felon on electronic monitoring, accused of robbing a 15-year-old boy in west Charlotte last Thursday afternoon.
It happened just after 3:30 p.m. on English Drive, near West Charlotte High School.
Police said a 15-year-old boy reported two suspects took his phone after saying they had a gun and assaulting him.
During the investigation, officers identified 20-year-old Travon Wingo as one of the suspects. They were able to track him because he was wearing a court-ordered ankle monitor from previous charges.
Police found Wingo and the second suspect, a 16-year-old boy, before they were able to sell the victim’s phone at a nearby kiosk.
Wingo was charged with common law robbery, conspiracy to commit common law robbery and possession of stolen property.
Authorities said at the time of the incident, Wingo was on active, felony probation from a December 2018 armed robbery case and he was wearing an electronic monitor.
Wingo also has previous charges for breaking into cars and had been found with a gun that was stolen from an unlocked car.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group