LAKE MARY, Fla. - A former NASCAR driver is in jail, accused of trying to have inappropriate relations with a minor, according to a federal complaint.
The complaint shows Rick Crawford, 59, a former NASCAR truck series driver, was arrested Thursday on a charge of attempted enticement of a minor.
Crawford is being held without bond on federal charges in the Seminole County jail, records show.
In mid-February, Crawford started corresponding with an undercover detective in Seminole County posing as a father presenting his 12-year-old daughter for sex in exchange for money, according to the complaint.
Crawford said to the undercover detective he had paid for something like this before, the complaint said.
The undercover detective arranged for Crawford to meet him in a Wendy’s parking lot near the Lake Mary Boulevard exit at I-4, where deputies arrested him, according to the complaint.
According to the complaint, Crawford told detectives after he was arrested that he found it hard to believe the man’s daughter was actually 12 and that he wouldn’t have gone through with it had the girl been underage.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police say Union County bus driver threatened to shoot up middle school
- Police think alcohol played role in violent crash that left man dead
- Ex-NASCAR truck driver arrested on charge of attempted enticement of minor
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- 4 arrested, 13 guns seized from Epicenter parking deck, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.