CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte woman told Channel 9 that she has found the couple portrayed in wedding pictures that she found on a flash drive she bought at a local thrift store.
Kathy Feaster said she bought the drive at the Community Thrift Store on Freedom Drive to clean up her computer.
(WATCH: Elsa Gillis explains how she got the story about the wedding photos.)
When she popped it into the computer, someone’s wedding photos came up.
"I was like, 'OMG, these are somebody's wedding pictures,'" Feaster said.
On Sunday, Feaster told Channel 9 that she was able to find the couple, Nikki and Jerry Venable Jr., who live in Virginia and are expecting a baby.
The flash drive held all the special moments from the couple's big day: walking down the aisle, sharing a first kiss as husband and wife and cutting the cake.
"(A) beautiful cake. (A) beautiful bride. The groom is handsome," Feaster said. "It's like the storybook wedding."
She shared the pictures last week with Channel 9, hoping to find the couple and to be able to get the pictures back to them. It appears from the data on the photos that the pictures were taken between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on July 7, 2014.
"My most prized possession is my wedding pictures, and I just know that this couple would want theirs," she said. "Those are like things you show to your children, they show it to their children, their children, it just goes down the line, so I just wanted to make sure the couple got those pictures back."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom of teen found a year after disappearing: 'It's a dream come true'
- Rising high school senior killed in Rock Hill double shooting
- Home invasion leads to shooting, stabbing in Statesville
- WATCH: Girl falls 25 feet from Six Flags ride, caught by other park guests
- Couple found after wedding photos discovered on flash drive at thrift store
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
Cox Media Group