CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Mount Airy couple made history Thursday morning at Carowinds, becoming the first to ever be wed on the Fury 325 -- the world’s tallest and fastest giga coaster.
James Music and Cortni Bryant met in 2015 and had their first official date at the amusement park last spring, where they roade the Fury 325 more than a dozen times.
On Thursday, the couple screamed “I do” while taking the plunge on the coaster, and returned to cheers as they exited the ride.
Fury 325 debuted at Carowinds last spring and the record-breaking coaster stands 325 feet tall with an 81-degree initial drop and reaches speeds of 95 mph.
Click PLAY to watch the couple take the plunge:
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 11-year-old girl struck, killed by truck in west Charlotte, police say
- Woman saves stranger by throwing keys at armed robber, police say
- Steph Curry, Cam Newton take home ESPY awards
- Autopsy: Gaston Co. woman died from bullet to head at short range
- CMS lawsuit claims fourth-grader bullied over peanut allergy
Cox Media Group