MOORESVILLE, N.C. — The body of a 28-year-old man who drowned in Lake Norman has been found, North Carolina Wildlife officials said.
The Iredell Sheriff's Office said a drowning call was made after a water accident at 6 p.m. Sunday near the Queens Landing area.
Investigators said the man, who lives in the area, was in a rental boat and jumped into the lake to swim.
Several other people were on the boat with him and none of them were hurt.
Crews spent two days searching for the body in the waters using sonar equipment.
Officials said they are in the process of recovering the body and give closure to the family.
The 28-year-old man has not been identified.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teen accused of driving drunk, killing man in Watauga Co.
- Officials to discuss PGA Championship move to May in 2019
- Woman receives death sentence for locking cousin, 10, in footlocker, killer her
- WANTED: Murder suspect sought after failure to show for court
- Forget the Eclipse: There's a big show in the sky this week
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
Cox Media Group