ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — A busy road in Rowan County was closed early Monday morning because of a sinkhole.
The hole on Tuckaseegee Road near Beaver Road in Enochville is not that large, but it is quite deep.
The hole was discovered Friday and emergency crews are worried the hole could widen, so they closed the road until it can be inspected.
Channel 9 is asking officials exactly how large the sinkhole is and what caused it.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot outside popular Charlotte diner
- CMPD: Man knocked on door looking for help after shot in face
- Veteran gets last wish to see beloved horses
- 3 hurt, 2 critically, after high-speed collision in west Charlotte
- Florida girl, 11, severely bitten by shark
Cox Media Group