YORK COUNTY, S.C. - Two people were arrested in connection with the double homicide investigation of Lake Wylie couple Doug and Debbie London.
IMAGES: Scene of Lake Wylie double homicide from Chopper 9
Investigators arrested Malcolm Jerrel Hartley, 22, and Brianna Johnson, 18, in the case.
Doug and Debbie London were found dead inside their house on Tioga Road in October.
Investigators said the murders were connected to another crime and were not random.
Investigators confirmed Daniel London called 911 after discovering his parents dead inside their house.
Deputies said both have been charged with two counts of murder.
Both Hartley and Johnson were arrested in Charlotte and will be extradited to York County.
The Londons owned Wholesale Mattress Warehouse on South Boulevard in Charlotte.
Channel 9 has reported from the beginning that the couple was robbed at their mattress store in May.
Police arrested three men, David Fudge -- an admitted high ranking member of the Bloods gang -- along with Nana Adoma and Jamell Cureton in connection to the robbery.
The FBI is not revealing if the suspects Hartley and Johnson are affiliated with the robbery suspects or any gang.
The Londons' son, Daniel, released this statement: "My family and I are eternally grateful for all of the hard work and dedication law enforcement has shown. May the people who were arrested for this terrible crime answer for their evil actions. May everyone in our community feel safer tonight knowing these criminals are off the streets."
He also wrote this statement on Facebook: "It is with great relief that I announce that the people that murdered my parents have been arrested. I would like to thank law enforcement for all of their hard work and dedication. Thank you for being the heroes that protect our communities. To all my family and friends, enjoy this day. To the media, thank you for your coverage of what happened to my parents. Please continue your efforts until these evil people are sentenced to justice."
Timeline of events
- Jan. 30, 2015: Police said that Malcolm Jerrel Hartley, 22, and Brianna Johnson, 18, are arrested in connection with the double homicide investigation of the Londons.
- Dec. 2, 2014: Cureton and Adoma plead not guilty in the armed robbery case, officials said. David Fudge, who drove the getaway car, was sentenced to probation after his guilty plea earlier in the year.
- Oct. 30, 2014: Federal prosecutors take over the armed robbery case that accuses Jamell Cureton and Nana Adoma of robbing the Londons’ mattress store.
- Oct. 23, 2014: Doug and Debbie London are found shot to death in their Lake Wylie home.
- May 25, 2014: Two men rob the Wholesale Mattress Warehouse on South Boulevard owned by Doug and Debbie London. One of the robbers and Doug London exchange gun fire, police said.