CHARLOTTE, N.C. - German discount grocer Lidl has confirmed plans for its next two stores in the Charlotte market as it continues its aggressive expansion in the U.S.
In total, there are six locations across the Carolinas included on a list of 25 stores the company says it intends to open by spring 2020. No specific timelines were provided for any of those.
The two local stores are identified only by street names: Monroe Road in Charlotte and Margaret Wallace Road in Matthews.
Lidl so far has kept a tight lid on its plans for expansion here, although property records and other public documents have provided some hints along the way. Reports also have indicated that some stores once planned, including locations in Steele Creek and South End, are no longer on the table.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officials: 3 rescued, 1 drowned after boat sinks on Catawba River
- Troopers: Driver who hit bus carrying preschoolers in Stanley Co. dies
- Police: South Carolina man hid $200K of stolen goods in network of tunnels
- FORECAST: Showers and mild temps before big heat wave rolls in
- South Carolina father shoots daughter he mistook as intruder
© 2019 Cox Media Group.