GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - The ex-girlfriend of former Catawba County Sheriff's deputy Jason Reid said her Constitutional rights were violated and the county now owes her hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Channel 9's news partners The Hickory Record reported Erica Sigmon's lawyers are now asking the county for $750,000.
Reid is accused of putting a tracking device from his narcotics unit on her car last summer.
Reid now faces five charges in the case including cyber-stalking, misdemeanor stalking, willful failure to discharge duties, felony embezzlement, and larceny by employee.
In May, Reid was defeated in the Republican primary for sheriff.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman hit by gunfire during officer-involved shooting in Gastonia
- Swimmer dies in rough conditions off North Carolina's Outer Banks
- Man's Belmont Air BnB rental home vandalized; believes it was racially motivated
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Ex-girlfriend of former Catawba deputy seeks $750K from county
© 2019 Cox Media Group.