CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It appears fast-casual chain Chipotle will soon occupy a vacant space in Latta Arcade.
A construction permit called “Chipotle - Uptown On Tryon” was filed in late August with Mecklenburg County at 316 S. Tryon St., the currently vacant former Rite Aid space directly on Tryon. This would be the first Chipotle in uptown Charlotte, with the nearest location on South Kings Drive in midtown. Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. has at least a dozen locations in Charlotte in addition to restaurants in the greater region. Rite Aid closed in Latta Arcade about a year ago.
A spokeswoman for Chipotle confirmed that the company would be opening a location in Charlotte “at some point this winter.”
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pineville police charge CMPD officer with DWI
- Man arrested after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
- 'I cannot put it into words': Dairy Queen owner sad to leave Plaza Midwood location
- FORECAST: Heat builds back up across region as Dorian moves off coast
- Hurricane Dorian: Impaired man drove truck into ocean in Kill Devil Hills
© 2019 Cox Media Group.