South Charlotte house fire caused by grilling too close to home

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A firefighter was burned battling a house fire Sunday afternoon in south Charlotte.

Officials responded around 5:30 p.m. to a two-story house in the 3900 block of Lannier Falls Lane.

Two people were inside the home at the time of the fire, and both made it out safely.

MEDIC treated one of the residents for a lower leg injury at the scene.

A firefighter was burned on his neck, but he will recover.

The fire was caused by someone grilling too close to the home, the Charlotte Fire Investigation Task Force said.

It took 23 firefighters about 40 minutes to control the fire, which caused about $250,000 in damage.

Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:

Comments on this article