RALEIGH - An engine failure onboard Delta flight 1425 Monday from Atlanta to Baltimore forced the plane to land in Raleigh.
“After we heard the boom, we saw all this smoke coming up through the cabin and that's when we started freaking out,” passenger Avery Porch said.
Outside the cabin windows, passengers could see there was a piece of metal that was sucked into an engine.
Flight attendants instructed passengers to duck and brace for a landing.
The more than 150 people on board were OK.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Employee killed, 2 others injured in shooting at Charlotte Steak 'n Shake
- Employee charged months after deadly shooting at Carolina Place Mall
- 'Leave my parents alone': Grave marker removed against family's wishes
- FORECAST: Still humid, but 'cooler' temps provide brief relief
- WATCH: Shark boldly swims along SC shore, feet away from beachgoers
© 2019 Cox Media Group.