GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — Freightliner management is holding a town hall meeting with employees Monday at the Mount Holly and Gastonia plants, Channel 9 has learned.
Daimler Trucks North America said it is reducing its workforce across North America, including the plants in Mount Holly and Gastonia. The last day for Mount Holly will be July 1. The last day for Gastonia will be June 24.
The workforce reduction at the Mount Holly North Carolina Manufacturing facility will impact approximately 600 workers.
- The workforce reduction at the Santiago, Mexico facility will impact approximately 270 workers.
- The workforce reduction at the Gastonia, North Carolina Components and Logistics facility will impact approximately 200 workers.
- The workforce reduction at the Western Star Truck Manufacturing facility in Portland, Oregon will impact approximately 170 workers.
The company blamed a slowdown in manufacturing for the adjustments and it is expected to be temporary.
This comes months after the company announced the layoff of 1,250 employees at the Mount Holly and Cleveland plants.
Daimler, which owns Freightliner, made cuts in February due to a reduction in orders for their trucks.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- MEDIC: 1 hospitalized after van, school bus collide in west Charlotte
- Divers search for man who jumped from boat on Lake Norman
- Florida man killed in skydiving accident in Chester County
- Student accused of assaulting Harding faculty member to face judge
- Rowan Co. highway closed after car takes out gas line, utility pole
Cox Media Group