BUENOS AIRES - Deven Sawyer, 17, died over the weekend from injuries sustained in a crash in Argentina, according to his obituary.
Funeral services for the Providence Day School student will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, July 3 at Myers Park Presbyterian Church.
Sawyer attended Providence Day from kindergarten to eleventh grade and was a member of the varsity tennis team, according to the obituary.
Several other high school students and faculty were injured in the crash in Buenos Aires on June 17.
According to a Facebook post, the group was on a Spanish language immersion trip running from June 2 until June 18, where students stayed with local host families, took language classes and explored the region and culture.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Prominent local eye doctor settles with accuser after sexual harassment lawsuits
- Deputies: SC man burned remains of missing woman, lied to cops
- Police charge man after deadly shooting outside Albemarle VFW
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Charlotte approves $200 million Amazon distribution center
© 2019 Cox Media Group.