Local

Good Samaritan awakens, saves 3 people in Marshville house fire

MARSHVILLE, N.C. — A good Samaritan is being credited with awakening three people to alert them that their house was on fire Wednesday morning in Marshville.

Lydia Price said she was asleep when someone woke her up by pounding on her door just before 7 a.m. at the home on Smithtown Road.

“(I) heard him beating on the door. I thought it was my brother. I went to the door, (and) he said the house was on fire,” she said. “I yelled for my parents, got my phone and got out of the house.”

Everyone was able to get out of the house safely.

The family was using an electric heater to stay warm on a frigid morning.

Price said the heater lost power an hour before the fire. She wasn’t sure if it tripped a breaker or if it had anything to do with the fire.

Price said the fire started near the kitchen, but firefighters have not determined its cause.

There were no smoke detectors in the home, officials told Channel 9.

Price is thankful that someone driving by decided to stop and help.

“I don’t know who you are, but thank you. If it wasn't for him we would probably still be in the house,” Price said.

The family will be staying with relatives for Christmas.

Price said they didn't have time to grab anything before the fire forced them out.

Read more trending stories on wsoctv.com:

0
Comments on this article
0