A South Carolina fishing crew received more than they bargained for when a great white shark took a bite out of their boat.
Chip Michalove, of Outcast Sports Fishing, and his crew were fishing last week when they found the 14-foot shark.
“We were looking for one, and there she swam right up to the boat,” he said.
They were able to easily catch the great white, tag it and release it back into the water. It was the fifth great white shark tagged and released by the crew this winter.
Aside from the shark’s nip at the boat, Michalove said the day went swimmingly.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- NC mother outraged after daycare worker breastfeeds her son
- CMPD: Construction worker killed after falling out of truck, hitting head
- Teacher suspended after showing students anti-bullying video
- UNC Charlotte student, boyfriend killed in crash involving drunk driver
- Great white shark bites boat off coast of Hilton Head
Cox Media Group