CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating a homicide that happened Sunday night in north Charlotte.
[IMAGES: Police investigate homicide on Waddell Street]
Officers told Channel 9 that 22-year-old Abraham Wallace was pronounced dead at the scene on Waddell Street.
Police responded to a 911 call around 10 p.m. in reference to shots fired in the area. When officers arrived, they said they found Wallace shot, lying in the street next to a car.
No arrests have been made and detectives have not released any other details.
Wallace's killing marks Charlotte's 78th homicide this year.
Check back to wsoctv.com for more on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Catawba County church fire ruled suspicious; hate messages found
- Police identify victim in Charlotte's latest homicide; no arrests made
- Ex-members say NC church uses power, lies to keep grip on kids
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Panthers vs. Dolphins 'Monday Night Football' to air on Channel 9
Cox Media Group