CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police are investigating after a pedestrian said a police car hit her Saturday night.
Police told Channel 9 the incident happened Saturday night on South Boulevard, just south of Tyvola Road.
Officials say the female victim called police two hours after, claiming the squad car hit her as it pulled out of a parking lot.
The victim was taken to a hospital.
Police say the officer said he did not realize he had hit the victim. His car's lights and sirens were off at the time.
CMPD said they tested the officer for drugs and alcohol, which is standard procedure.
In addition to investigating the actual accident, officials say the department is doing an internal investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating overnight fatal crash on the Plaza near Anderson Street
- Police: Argument over affair led to shooting at southwest Charlotte home
- Investigation underway after woman reports being hit by CMPD patrol car, officials say
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Sunday forecast outlook
- Police identify 3 connected to double murder at Salisbury park
© 2019 Cox Media Group.