CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A lane closure that caused major delays in the morning commute last month won't start back up until this weekend.
Crews were supposed to close one lane on the ramp from Independence Boulevard to the I-277 inner loop Thursday, but North Carolina Department of Transportation officials said that won't happen until Saturday.
The $16.3 million project is part of a project to improve 22 bridges along the John Belk Freeway.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify father killed after being hit by several cars, dragged 1,000 feet
- NC deputies fired 8 gunshots to subdue lion after fatal attack
- Police: Man found dead after domestic-related incident in Pageland
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Thursday forecast outlook
- Attorney: Harris plans to meet with Board of Elections investigators Thursday
© 2019 Cox Media Group.