BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. - A North Carolina garden is becoming one of the most popular in the state.
Not for the sights, but for the variety of drug that's growing there.
Visitors have flocked to a Hemp Garden in Buncombe County. It is the first place in the state that is growing industrial hemp.
Owner Franny Tacy said people have come to her garden from around the country wanting to know about her crop.
But she said it has gotten so out of hand she is installing high-tech security.
"Motion lights, and we've got locks, coded locks, and there's a pretty cool drone security system that's motion activated," Tacy said.
Tacy said people have even snuck onto her property after hours.
She is making her garden appointment only until a hemp festival next month.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating overnight fatal crash on the Plaza near Anderson Street
- Police: Argument over affair led to shooting at southwest Charlotte home
- Investigation underway after woman reports being hit by CMPD patrol car, officials say
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Sunday forecast outlook
- Police identify 3 connected to double murder at Salisbury park
© 2018 Cox Media Group.