CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Authorities have charged a man who they said led them on a high-speed chase in a stolen car overnight through two counties.
Only Channel 9 was there as troopers arrested Davion Clawson, who is accused of leading law enforcement on a chase from Cabarrus County to east Charlotte.
The Highway Patrol told Eyewitness News they tried to stop Clawson after catching him going 102 mph on Interstate 85 just before 1 a.m.
Clawson would not stop and eventually, troopers had to use a PIT (pursuit intervention technique) maneuver, bringing the pursuit to an end on Tipperary Place, near Shamrock Drive.
Troopers arrested Clawson but the passengers in the vehicle were able to run away.
Clawson was charged with felony speeding to elude police and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Bicyclist killed after being struck by several vehicles in Kings Mountain
- Man accused of speeding 102 mph leads troopers on high-speed chase
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Rush hour crowds ride Blue Line Extension after successful weekend opening
- 2 Charlotte area teens heading to Hollywood on 'American Idol'
Cox Media Group