CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man who authorities said looked down to find his phone to send a text plowed into a pair of trees and had his car catch on fire Saturday afternoon.
CMPD said the accident happened near the intersection of Parkwood Avenue and North Caldwell Street, just north of Uptown Charlotte.
The driver managed to get out of the vehicle after it caught fire and had only minor injuries, authorities said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Security camera video shows moment Ballantyne home exploded
- Police: Four injured after shooting involving rideshare car in east Charlotte
- Two people shot in hallway of uptown Charlotte hotel
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity return as afternoon storm chances increase
- Police: Off-duty South Carolina trooper arrested and stunned
© 2019 Cox Media Group.