CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A peeping Tom was spotted early Sunday morning at the 49 North Apartments off of University City Boulevard, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Larazia Covington said she lives at the apartments near the University of North Carolina Charlotte. She said she is so worried it is going to happen again, it has made her paranoid and she can barely sleep.
“He was moaning but no words. Knocking. Moaning,” Covington said. “That's it.”
The victim said the peeper was moaning while he was looking through her bedroom window.
"And he left a chair right outside my window," Covington said. “I feel so unsafe. I am scared. I'm watching my back all the time. I'm paranoid.”
No one has been charged in the case.
"I don't want anybody to experience what I'm experiencing. It's terrible," Covington said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officials: 3 rescued, 1 drowned after boat sinks on Catawba River
- Troopers: Driver who hit bus carrying preschoolers in Stanley Co. dies
- Police: South Carolina man hid $200K of stolen goods in network of tunnels
- FORECAST: Showers and mild temps before big heat wave rolls in
- South Carolina father shoots daughter he mistook as intruder
© 2019 Cox Media Group.