CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are investigating after a man was found shot in a car early Wednesday morning in north Charlotte.
Officers said they responded to the Interstate 85 connector ramp off North Tryon Street around 1:30 a.m. and found a man who had been shot inside a car.
Channel 9 was there and officers could be seen blocking off the ramp as investigators collected evidence.
Police believe the man, who has not yet been identified, may have been shot on April Lu Lane before driving about a quarter of a mile to the ramp.
It's unclear if the victim was in the car when someone shot him or whether he got in the car after the shooting.
Police said the man was seriously hurt, but is expected to survive.
No arrests have been made.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Couple charged in connection with death of 1-year-old in south Charlotte
- Crowd of teens runs amok through Concord Mills, frightening customers, witnesses say
- Man found shot inside car on I-85 ramp in north Charlotte, police say
- FORECAST: Calm start to day before summer storm chances increase
- Human remains discovered at site of weekend fire, CMPD says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.