CHARLOTTE — A virtual remembrance ceremony was held Friday to honor the victims in the UNC shooting that happened on April 30, 2019.
A former student opened fire inside a classroom in the Kennedy building, killing two students and injuring four others.
Reed Parlier, 19, and Riley Howell, 21, were killed. The gunman will spend the rest of his life in prison.
In the video at the top of this webpage, anchor Damany Lewis speaks with students at the emotional memorial.
UNC CHARLOTTE TRAGEDY COVERAGE:
- Channel 9 sits down with Reed Parlier’s family two years after UNCC shooting
- Family of student killed in UNCC shooting reflects on his life one year after tragedy
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for ‘Riley Howell Foundation’
- ‘My superhero doesn’t wear a cape’: Riley Howell’s loved ones say final goodbye
- Riley Howell’s family reflects on impact UNCC student had on others
- Hundreds line streets as heroic UNCC students’ body escorted home
- ‘I want that to be his legacy’: Heroic UNCC student tackled gunman
- UNCC alum, NFL player Larry Ogunjobi finds new hero in Riley Howell
- Slain UNCC student first citizen to receive CMPD Medal of Valor
- Classroom where gunman opened fire at UNCC will not be used next school year
- UNCC shooting survivor returns home from hospital
- Second student lauded for lifesaving actions during UNCC shooting
Cox Media Group