RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina mother is outraged, claiming surveillance video shows a daycare worker breastfeeding her child without permission.
The video is from inside Carrboro Early School, outside of Raleigh, and shows a woman adjusting her top and bringing Kaycee Oxendine's 3-month-old son to her chest to breastfeed him.
Oxendine said her son's teacher told her he was constipated, and when another woman working in the nursery asked Oxendine if she could breastfeed the boy to see if it would help, Oxendine twice said no.
Oxendine said her son was born lactose intolerant, and had to be rushed to the hospital after the incident.
"That's an innocent baby. My baby couldn't say, ‘No, don't do that.’ He couldn't defend himself," Oxendine said.
Day care director Daron Council said an employee reported what happened and the worker is no longer there.
Oxendine said the worker was fired, and she wants the woman charged.
Carrboro police said they are investigating, but no charges have been filed so far.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Catawba County factory worker burned by boiling dye, officials say
- Woman found chained inside North Carolina shed
- Shots fired into Rent-A-Center leads to chase, crash in Kannapolis
- Charlotte man hijacks ambulance, leads police on chase down I-85
- Man found dead after house goes up in flames in Burke County
Cox Media Group