RALEIGH, N.C. - After a yearlong deployment, a group of North Carolina soldiers received a warm homecoming on Father's Day.
The group of National Guard soldiers from the 514th Military Police Company were greeted with cheers, signs and hugs at Raleigh-Durham International Airport Sunday morning.
The soldiers, based in Pitt County, had been deployed at the Guantanamo Bay Cuba Naval station.
They were previously called to assist on missions involving Hurricane Matthew and Hurricane Florence.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: Mother, 11-year-old found dead in Alexander Co. home after fire ruled arson
- Man accused of robbing Charlotte woman at gunpoint during meeting for online exchange
- North Carolina county issues warning about possible measles exposure
- FORECAST: Sunny, dry Father's Day paves way for rainy workweek
- NC mom credits app for saving teen trapped in car 25 feet down mountainside
© 2019 Cox Media Group.