BELMONT, N.C. - The National Education Association Foundation has named a Gaston County high school teacher its top educator in the nation, according to a report by Channel 9’s partner, the Gaston Gazette.
Bobbie Cavnar, who was named North Carolina’s top teacher last year, has taught British literature at South Point High School in Belmont for 15 years.
Cavnar was honored at a gala in Washington, D.C. Friday.
He said he was excited for the chance to show off North Carolina teachers.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Outback server stiffed by church on $735 order loses job over Facebook post
- Couple's life savings sink away 2 days into boating adventure
- WATCH: Vicki Graf’s Sunday forecast outlook
- Priest assaulted, teen charged in south Charlotte attack
- WATCH: Choir students sing national anthem from all floors of Kentucky hotel, wowing guests
© 2018 Cox Media Group.