HUNTERSVILLE — Novant Health is helping accelerate the race to vaccinate. The healthcare system is opening up a vaccine clinic on Monday in Huntersville.
The clinic, on Northcross Drive near Interstate 77, will be able to administer shots to hundreds of people each day. The first appointments begin at 8 a.m.
Novant officials said the clinic, which will be open Monday through Friday, will be able to take 500 appointments a day. Vaccinations will be by appointment only and the clinic will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.
The new clinic will join Novant Health’s two Charlotte vaccination sites:
- Novant Health Medical Group - East Meck, which is located at 6070 E. Independence Blvd. and is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group - Freedom Drive, which is located at 3149 Freedom Drive and is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Novant health officials said they chose the location because of its size. It will help the hospital system efficiently vaccinate more people, which is very important now that everyone 16 and older can be vaccinated in the state.
“We are thrilled to increase our Charlotte vaccination efforts to include this new location, which has the space needed to help our teams efficiently and safely vaccinate more people,” said John Howard, senior vice president at Novant Health, and chief operating officer, Novant Health Physician Network. “This new clinic will help meet the need for our community as all people over 16 years of age are now eligible to be vaccinated.
Below is the key information that eligible appointment holders need to know:
- All vaccinations are by appointment only. To avoid delays, patients should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment.
- The vaccine is given in the upper arm. Patients should wear clothing that allows the vaccinator to easily access the upper arm.
- A mask that covers the nose and mouth is required at all times. Novant will provide a mask for those who don’t have one.
- Expect to remain at the site for 15 to 30 minutes after receiving the vaccine for observation.
- Do not come to an appointment if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, are under quarantine or have a COVID-19 test result pending.
- One support person is allowed, but that person should be healthy, with no cough, fever or flu-like symptoms. The support person will also need to wear a mask while in the center.
The best way to schedule an appointment is through MyChart. You do not have to be a patient to sign up for a MyChart account at MyNovant.org.
For more information on scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, visit GetVaccinated.org.
Cox Media Group