CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Mecklenburg EMS Agency ambulance en route to a call Wednesday night was involved in a collision with another vehicle near the Old Statesville Road and West W.T. Harris Boulevard intersection.
Officials said there were two MEDIC employees inside the ambulance at the time of the crash.
Two people were taken to Carolinas Medical Center, including one MEDIC employee and someone from the other vehicle involved in the wreck.
Both had minor injuries, according to authorities.
Additional ambulances and police responded to the scene and the crash remains under investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Neighbor found man shot to death outside east Charlotte home
- Middle school teacher charged after daughter dies from opioid exposure
- 1 killed, 1 injured in head-on crash in Iredell County, troopers say
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Union County School Board approves redistricting reversal
- Panthers' McCaffrey helps save life of 72-year-old hiker: 'We were in shock'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.