The Carolina Panthers season is well over, but star running back Christian McCaffrey gave two North Carolina military veterans something to cheer about.
McCaffrey teamed up with USAA and the USO of North Carolina, giving two vets a trip to the Super Bowl in Minneapolis to watch the New England Patriots take on the Philadelphia Eagles.
Friends and neighbors, Ralph Waller and Richard Loftis, from Hampstead, North Carolina were awarded the tickets.
Waller served in the United States Marine Corps for 20 years.
Loftis served in the United States Marine Corps for two years. During a training exercise, he suffered an injury and was medically discharged.
“Teaming up with USAA and the USO of North Carolina to award Richard and Ralph a trip to the Super Bowl is a true honor,” McCaffrey said. “These two Marines served our country and we can’t thank them enough for their service.”
The two vets will get a chance to meet with McCaffrey on Saturday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 65 pounds of marijuana found in police dispatcher's home
- Suspected gang members charged in string of Union Co. restaurant burglaries
- Man threatens to kill 4-year-old during violent robbery: 'He had no remorse'
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- App State men's tennis player suspended, accused of racial comment
© 2018 Cox Media Group.