MORGANTON, N.C. - A patient has died at Broughton Hospital and the state is investigating the case, according to Channel 9’s partners at the Morganton News Herald.
The patient, whose name is not being released, died Monday night, according to state officials.
“The highest priority of Broughton Hospital is the safety and well-being of the people in our care. We take patient safety very seriously,” the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement. “We are deeply saddened by the death of a patient at Broughton Hospital that occurred overnight. We have informed the guardian of the individual and are in the process of notifying the appropriate regulatory entities and advocate groups. We are conducting an immediate and thorough investigation and will take appropriation action to ensure the safety of all Broughton Hospital patients.”
No other details have been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FBI says body found during search for kidnapped Lumberton teen girl
- Fan club member struck, killed by SUV outside stadium during Panthers game
- Shanann Watts' family files wrongful death lawsuit against killer husband Chris Watts
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Police: NC man shoots son on Thanksgiving after fight over kneeling NFL players
© 2019 Cox Media Group.