CONCORD, N.C. — Two boys fell off a landscape trailer being pulled by a truck and were run over by the trailer Saturday afternoon in Concord, officials told Channel 9.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol was investigating the incident just after 2 p.m. on Chatham Oaks Drive off Poplar Tent Road.
Troopers said the father of the boys, ages 10 and 12, accidentally ran them over after they fell off the front of the trailer after making a turn on a slight incline. Troopers said he was driving slowly.
Both boys were seriously injured.
Troopers said the father was doing yard work in the neighborhood and also going door-to-door looking for work. They are investigating the incident as a traffic collision.
Charges are possible, troopers said. Children should not be allowed to ride in the back of a pickup truck or on a trailer, they said.
Reporter Dashawn Brown is working to get more details. Check back for updates to this developing story. Brown will have the latest on Eyewitness News at 6 p.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man shot, killed at east Charlotte apartment complex, officials say
- Loyal dogs stay by dying baby's side until her last breath
- NC mom attends 3 kids' graduations miles apart on same day
- Man killed in I-85 motorcycle crash, officials say
- Shots fired Saturday night at Charlotte Fair, police say
Cox Media Group