GASTONIA, N.C. - Police said they are trying to find out what led to a body that was found on railroad tracks Wednesday in downtown Gastonia.
Officials said someone discovered the body around 10:30 a.m. near the overpass across the street from the city’s police department.
Police said the person fell from the bridge on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard onto the tracks below.
Authorities said they are working to identify the person and remove the body for an autopsy.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Childress on home break-in: 'Thank God, and our Second Amendment'
- WATCH NASA LIVESTREAM: Super blue blood moon eclipse
- City councilman says field of potential Panthers investors narrowed to 6
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
- Island on North Carolina Outer Banks has no gas station
© 2019 Cox Media Group.