CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police are investigating a shooting Saturday night in uptown Charlotte where they said 100 shots were fired.
Sources told Channel 9 the shooting on 8th and Caldwell streets involved two rappers. The shooters sprayed apartments and vehicles with bullets, police said.
Police said thankfully no one was hurt in the shooting.
Several witnesses hid during the shooting, which they say lasted nearly five minutes.
Food truck owner Curtis Charlemagne said he hid during the shooting. He said the bullets pierced his truck and the chaos forced him to miss out on business.
"It really messed up my business today because you have a nice crowd in both buildings, both tents and now everybody is gone," Charlemagne said.
Detectives canvassed the area to determine whether there were any additional witnesses to the incident. The shooting took place in the middle of the road and didn't occur at an apartment complex, according to police.
Authorities said the shooting is not related to any official CIAA sanctioned events.
Click PLAY to watch CMPD to give update on shooting investigation
Police have not made any arrests.
Authorities said this is an ongoing investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspect killed in shootout with Shelby officers, police chief says
- Lawsuit claims Lowe's discriminated against a top executive because of race
- Sources: Shooting in uptown involved 2 rappers; 100 shots fired
- Domino's employees locked in freezer during robbery in Elizabeth
- CMPD: 2 in custody after overnight chase, crash in west Charlotte
Cox Media Group