• Propane tank catches fire at Harris Teeter


    CHARLOTTE - A propane tank caught fire at a south Charlotte Harris Teeter on Saturday afternoon.

    A Harris Teeter employee was buffing the floor with a buffer that uses a propane tank.

    There was too much propane in the buffer, so the employee took it outside to release some of the propane.

    According to firefighters, static electricity caused the propane tank to set fire. The employee was not injured and the Charlotte Fire Department burned off the rest of the propane.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Propane tank catches fire at Harris Teeter

  • Headline Goes Here

    2 reports of stranger approaching children in Charlotte

  • Headline Goes Here

    Pit bull bites children inside south Charlotte elementary school, police say

  • Headline Goes Here

    Maryland school shooting: Gunman killed, 2 injured at Great Mills High School

  • Headline Goes Here

    US student found dead in Bermuda after intense search