CHARLOTTE, N.C. — There’s another bold prediction for the future of Charlotte’s housing market -- it is expected to be one of the hottest markets of the year.
Zillow compiled survey results from a panel of more than 100 economists and real estate experts.
Charlotte was the second highest score, right behind Austin, Texas.
But, Charlotte was the only city among the 25 analyzed that the entire panel of experts didn’t expect home prices to under-perform compared to the national average.
Officials said 59 percent of those experts predict our market will over-perform this year. The other 41 percent think prices will grow at about the same rate as the rest of the nation.
This adds to a list of previous predictions and they are all along the same lines.
The National Association of Realtors recently named Charlotte of the “Top 10 markets expected to out-perform over the next three to five years.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- East Charlotte school abruptly closes, leaving parents, students in limbo
- ‘Please turn yourself in’: Suspect trying to steal car attacks NC woman with baseball bat, police say
- Loved ones to say final goodbyes to 13-year-old girl killed in Concord Mills shooting
- FORECAST: Light showers remain in metro; Winter Weather Advisory issued in High Country
- Why this Italian restaurant’s owner decided to close after New Year’s Eve
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group