CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A woman who accused former University of North Carolina Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen of rape has filed a restraining order against him.
Olsen’s accuser successfully argued Thursday morning in court that a judge should sign off on a restraining order. He was served with the restraining order on Thursday afternoon.
As part of the order, Olsen will not be allowed to have indirect or direct contact with his accuser for a period of time.
A judge also said Olsen could not attend the same school as the alleged victim. She said she wasn’t enrolled in classes at UNC Charlotte this semester, but will be next semester.
Olsen is also not allowed to return to the accuser’s residence unless it’s with a law enforcement officer to retrieve clothes that he left there.
The restraining order is a separate matter from an ongoing criminal case.
Olsen, who is the brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, is facing rape charges in connection with an incident last month. Prosecutors said Olsen texted his accuser and threatened to kill her, then raped her, punched her and threatened to kill himself.
(Click PLAY to watch Olsen walk out of jail)
His coach suspended him from all athletic activities with the football team after he was charged.
Channel 9 contacted UNC Charlotte to ask how it will affect Olsen’s enrollment. School officials said they cannot comment on the accuser’s future plans, but Olsen is still enrolled at the school.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man attempts to snatch baby from mother's arms at Shelby Walmart
- WATCH: Teen stranded on ski lift 'faced with almost an unbelievable decision', lawyer says
- SC man with thousands of 'hoarded' guns will not go to prison
- RAW VIDEO: Man pulled to safety after truck flips on I-485
- Trooper struck by car while responding to wrecks in Catawba County
- Parents report bizarre encounter with man at Charlotte shopping center
Cox Media Group