SOUTH CAROLINA — A South Carolina high school teacher accused of having sex with a student has been arrested, according to our news partner WPDE.
Deputies said 22-year-old Anna Patton has been charged with sexual battery with a student 16 or 17 years of age, no aggravated force or coercion; criminal solicitation of a minor; and disseminating harmful material or exhibiting harmful performance to minors.
According to arrest warrants, Patton sent inappropriate photos and messages to a 16-year-old beginning in October. She is also accused of having sex with the student on several occasions.
The Darlington County School District told WPDE Patton has been placed on administrative leave, pending the results of the investigation.
“The safety of our students is our highest priority,” district spokesperson Audrey Childers told WPDE. “The district is cooperating with the law enforcement investigation.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ‘This is justice’: Man convicted of murder at 14 to walk free 20 years later
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: School bus driver suspended after outburst toward students
- CMPD: Three in custody after carjacking in south Charlotte leads to police chase
- FORECAST: Temps nearly 20 degrees above average; more rain in store
- ‘A huge sense of relief’: CMPD assistant chief retires after more than 28 years of service
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group