Several schools in our viewing area have announced closings or delays for Monday.
Schools in Alexander, Anson, Avery, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Richmond and Watauga counties will be closed.
[FORECAST: Tracking showers as Carolinas begin to thaw out]
Hickory Public Schools will also be closed.
Chesterfield Schools will operate on a two-hour delay.
Rowan-Salisbury Schools will dismiss four hours early because of expected freezing precipitation.
Lincoln County Schools will dismiss at 11 a.m.
Cleveland County Schools will dismiss at 10 a.m.
Gaston County Schools will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
Iredell-Statesville elementary schools will dismiss at 11 a.m. while middle and high schools will dismiss at 11:45 a.m.
Livingstone College tweeted that all classes will be canceled on Monday because of inclement weather.
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the mountains and foothills until 4 p.m. Monday, which could bring freezing rain early in the day.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigate fatal accident at coffee plant in Concord
- Dad stabs family dog to death to save 1-year-old daughter
- Troopers: Mother, 10-year-old daughter killed after driver runs stop sign
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast update
- CLOSINGS & DELAYS: Several area schools closed Monday
Cox Media Group