CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Shake Shack will bring its burgers and fries to Charlotte’s South End neighborhood next year.
Shake Shack Inc. said Friday that it will open its Charlotte-area location at 1930 Camden Road, replacing the recently closed Pike’s Old Fashioned Soda Shop. That 3,500-square-foot restaurant is expected to open by mid-2020.
That confirms speculation, which began circulating last summer, that Shake Shack would take over Pike’s space at The Design Center of the Carolinas complex. CBJ’s Jennifer Thomas reported last August that Pike’s lease was set to expire this year summer, though Chitwood had an option to extend through 2024. Pike’s, a longtime staple of South End, closed in May but has plans to relocate in the Charlotte market.
Shake Shack said its South End store will anchor the final phase of a redevelopment project at the Design Center, a 330,000-square-foot complex in South End.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Three dead after car crashes into creek in Lincolnton
- Woman dies after accidentally shooting herself at Ruby Tuesday
- Virginia woman dies while scuba diving at former North Carolina quarry
- FORECAST: Flash flood watch, warnings issued as rain continues to pound region
- Police investigating after two men shot at south Charlotte apartment complex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.