ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — The Rowan County Sheriff's Office is investigating the larceny of a race truck involving NASCAR truck driver Jordan Anderson.
Deputies began an investigation on Sept. 7.
The race truck was receiving repairs at Robert Newling's shop on Performance Road after a crash during a race in Texas.
Officials said Newling then sold the race truck to Anderson.
An investigation revealed investigators determined Anderson had reason to believe the truck he purchased from Newling was stolen.
Investigators said they attempted to get the truck back from Anderson, but Anderson refused to give the truck back.
Officials said they made Anderson aware of an outstanding warrant and he obtained legal counsel.
Authorities said Anderson's attorney Daren Jordan, spoke with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office and said Anderson would turn himself in on Sept. 20.
Anderson has not turned himself in.
Newling was arrested and charged for larceny of a motor vehicle.
Officials said Anderson still has a warrant for possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Search for missing 6-year-old in Gastonia park enters day six
- Driver identified in fatal wreck on interstate in Huntersville
- Source: Man gets on school bus, attacks student at Charlotte middle school
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Thursday forecast outlook
- 911 caller says father was 'out of breath' after son disappeared at Rankin Lake Park