GREENVILLE, S.C. — A man who admitted killing seven people over nearly 13 years in South Carolina while running a successful real estate business has pleaded guilty to seven counts of murder and a number of other charges.
Todd Kohlhepp has accepted a plea deal that will send him to prison for life without parole. Prosecutors could have sought the death penalty against Kohlhepp, who was arrested in November after investigators rescued a woman chained inside a container on his property for more than two months.
Kohlhepp admitted killing four people at a motorcycle shop in 2003 after becoming enraged by something the shop owner said.
He also killed a husband and wife doing work on his Spartanburg County property in 2015 and the boyfriend of the woman chained in the container.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Body found in Rock Hill field believed to be that of Uber driver
- Kings Mountain grandfather killed in overnight mobile home fire
- CMPD: SUV barrels through backyards, driver hospitalized
- North Carolina boy, 11, bitten by copperhead at his birthday party
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
Cox Media Group