CHARLOTTE, N.C. - About three dozen jobs in the Charlotte region net workers an average annual salary of between $100,000 and $165,000.
Among the highest-paying occupations in this particular category are financial managers — likely not surprising, given that the Queen City has regained its coveted title as the second-largest banking hub in the U.S. by total assets — in addition to optometrists and sales managers.
Financial managers, in fact, make more in the Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia region than in any other metropolitan area in North Carolina. The closest N.C. locale to match Charlotte’s average annual salary of $164,310 for that job is Durham, which came close at $164,060.
And that amount is more than triple the overall average income for Charlotte-area workers — $51,000 as of May 2018. That’s up 1.7 percent from $50,150 in the previous year.
Check out this slideshow to see the 35 jobs in the Charlotte market that offer workers an annual salary of between $100,000 and $165,000.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 1 dead, 3 others hospitalized in shooting at uptown apartment building
- Troopers: Wrong-way driver killed on I-485 in west Charlotte
- Fatal crash involving motorcycle blocks Highway 73 in Lincoln County
- FORECAST: Showers return, bringing unseasonably cool temps
- Man missing for two days found in Charlotte hospital's trauma unit
© 2019 Cox Media Group.