CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - The U.S. Geological Survey recorded a small earthquake over the weekend in Caldwell County.
The 2.4 magnitude quake was centered about 10 miles north of Lenoir and happened Sunday morning.
There were no reports of any damage.
Small quakes are relatively common in the Carolinas. There was a report earlier this year of a quake recorded in Wilkes County, and another reported on the North Carolina/South Carolina border in April.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- NC mom shares warning after mosquito bite leaves 6-year-old in ICU
- North Carolina parents charged after teen shoots himself
- 1 killed, 2 others injured after gunfire erupts during Concord party
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Monday forecast outlook
- Police identify man who grandmother found dead in north Charlotte home
© 2018 Cox Media Group.