BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. — Deputies say three people were found shot to death in a car a small, “close-knit” South Carolina town Monday evening.
The bodies were found around 5:30 p.m. in a car on Crawl Hill Drive off Highway 45, near Pineville and St. Stephen.
Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis told our news partner WCIV this is the worst crime he has seen since taking office in 2015.
“Someone knows what happened back here,” Lewis said. “I’ve got detectives working around the clock on this. Also, we’re painstakingly going through every bit of evidence we have collected so far.”
Lewis said this crime is troubling, particularly for the rural area and he is hoping someone will come forward with information.
Autopsies are scheduled for Thursday. The names of the victims have not been released.
Authorities have not said what may have led up to the shooting and no arrests have been made.
If you have information about this case, deputies said to call the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office at 843-719-4412.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man fights back during robbery, shoots 3 of 4 suspects, police say
- Video of husband serenading wife before cancer surgery goes viral
- High school senior killed in accidental shooting at birthday party
- FORECAST: Schools in high country closed as bitter cold, snow grips region
- ‘Someone knows what happened’: 3 people found shot to death inside car in SC
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group