AVERY COUNTY, N.C. - A statue of Bigfoot has been found in the Avery County woods months after it was reported stolen.
The Avery County Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook Wednesday that the 6-foot tall, 180-pound statue -- which had been stolen from Mountaineer Landscaping in Linville in August -- was found in a wooded area in the Edgemont Community.
“We feel since Sasquatch seemed unharmed and released in such a remote area, the thieves either had a change of heart or found that having a Sasquatch was just more difficult than they thought,” the Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook.
The statue is being kept at the Sheriff’s Office under the watch of security cameras for the time being.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Researchers say 13-foot great white shark bitten by even bigger shark
- NASCAR Xfinity Series team hauler crashes on I-40, 2 hurt
- Woman found dead at west Charlotte shoe store, investigation underway
- FORECAST: Morning temps in 40s around metro, sub-freezing in high country
- 'I feel betrayed': Mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.