BELMONT, N.C. — Police have released new surveillance video of the person they say robbed a SunTrust Bank in Gaston County earlier this month.
The robbery happened Jan. 7 at the branch on North Main Street in Belmont.
The video appears to show a man wearing a short, curly wig with a very distinctive mustache and a bowler hat hand the teller a note.
Police said the man passed the note to the teller and then vanished after grabbing the money.
Customer Rickey Britton told Channel 9 that he was inside the bank talking to the branch manager when the robbery happened. He said the look on the manager’s face suddenly changed.
“She was saying, 'Something’s not right,” Britton said. “She was like, ‘I think we are being robbed.’ Then she was like, ‘I know we are being robbed. Don’t move.’”
Britton said the robbery took about 15 seconds.
No one was hurt.
Police said if you know who the suspect is or believe you may have seen him, call the Belmont Police Department right away.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'This is devastating’: High school athlete killed, cousin hurt in Wadesboro shooting
- Surveillance video captures Belmont bank robber in unique disguise
- Mystery surrounds case of young mom found dead outside abandoned home
- FORECAST: Coldest temperatures of the week ahead of slight ‘warm-up’
- Lowe’s employee fears financial future after change in pay structure
© 2020 Cox Media Group