UNION COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies in Union County have arrested two Charlotte teenagers, charging them in connection with several restaurant burglaries from last year.
Investigators said that during September and October of 2017, seven restaurants in the county were burglarized after hours. The suspects were able to get into the businesses by using large rocks and bricks to break the glass.
Once inside, the suspects stole cash and sometimes cash drawers from registers before taking off in a dark-colored SUV, detectives said.
On Tuesday, deputies announced that two Charlotte teens, Zion Kirkpatrick and Nathaniel Nicholes, were in the Union County Jail facing charges in connection with the crimes.
Earlier this month, Monroe police arrested Kirkpatrick, 17. Investigators then identified Nicholes, also 17, as an accomplice.
Detectives said the pair are members of the Milton Road gang in Charlotte and suspect other gang members may be involved in the burglaries.
Kirkpatrick and Nicholes face numerous counts of felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, felony conspiracy, and injury to personal property.
Helping the Union County Sheriff’s Office with the investigation, which is still ongoing, were the Monroe Police Department, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and the Bessemer City Police Department.
The Union County Sheriff’s Office filed charges for burglaries at the following businesses:
- Brooklyn Pizza in Wesley Chapel
- Hungry Howies in Indian Trail
- New York Pizza and Pasta in Indian Trail
- Firehouse Subs in Indian Trail
- Pizza Palace in Indian Trail
- Jack's Pizza in Indian Trail
- China II in Indian Trail
- Chokh Di Noodle in Indian Trail
Detectives with the Monroe Police Department filed charges against the teens for several other restaurant burglaries occurring in their jurisdiction. That list has not yet been made available.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 65 pounds of marijuana found in police dispatcher's home
- Suspected gang members charged in string of Union Co. restaurant burglaries
- Man threatens to kill 4-year-old during violent robbery: 'He had no remorse'
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- App State men's tennis player suspended, accused of racial comment
Cox Media Group