From millennials to Gen Xers, turn a corner anywhere in the Charlotte region and you’re bound to find a craft-beer drinker. From light crisp lagers to those opaque hazy IPAs that have become a formidable beast in the craft-beer world, people like their beer.
In late May, Chicago-based C+R Research put out a list of which U.S. cities have the most craft breweries. The firm analyzed data from more than 500 cities to find out which ones have the most breweries per 50,000 people.
With a population of around 70,000 people, Portland, Maine, ranks first with a total of 18 craft breweries per the 50,000 threshold.
The North Carolina city of Asheville is also making its mark on the craft-brewing scene. In fact, it’s second on the list.
Check out where other cities ranked in this slideshow here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Stanly Co. sheriff: Suspect charged after 19-year-old woman dies from severe beating
- Some residents along Catawba River begin to evacuate homes as rain continues
- 'I heard my wife screaming': Tree crushes west Charlotte home, traps nearby residents
- FORECAST: Flood threat remains as Charlotte region enters day 4 of rain
- Car show participants have cars stolen from hotel parking lot in north Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.